Summer is a time when parties erupt. The options are endless with the warm summer weather; you can have a party indoors or out. If you are looking to have the best party this summer, here are a few of the greatest ways to create the best summer party.
Barbecue and backyard beach party
Every summer needs a barbecue themed party. This consists of more than just lighting up the grill and cooking some burgers. To have a party that is themed as barbecue, you must include decorations.
Some barbecue parties can be themed as a backyard beach party. For this you will need:
- A fire for cooking hamburgers, hot dogs, and marshmallows over. If you do not have a fire pit you can use, a barbecue with charcoal.
- Volleyball net, if you have access to a sandpit, even better. If you do not have a net, find a different game that can be done with a large group of people.
- A pool – even if you have a smaller pool, this is essential for a backyard beach party. You can compensate with sprinklers or a slip-n-slide if necessary.
- Decorations – these are key at any party. For your beach theme, invest in shells, aqua colors, and other bright colored beach accessories.
Even if you live far away, you can enjoy the beach during the summer. Plan a barbecue party full of fun.
Party through the decades
As time passes we begin to reminisce with memories of past decades. If you dress up in some of the cliché styles from those decades, you will stick out, but not at a themed party. Choose from your favorite decade to imitate. These gatherings can be either indoors or out. Whether you choose the 50s, 60s, or 70s, the outfits and the decorations will make all the difference.
Style your party after Happy Days. Women should wear poodle skirts, and the guys wear leather jackets. The music will be key here. Play all the hits from the 50s. A party such as this should include a dance contest featuring the best moves from this decade. If available, decorate the yard with old records and old cars. Even those who didn’t experience the 50s will enjoy this throwback.
The 70s was a time of outrageous hairstyles and colors. When planning a 70s themed party, be sure to include tie-dye clothes, tablecloths, and decorations. For this party, color should be the factor that stands out. Some 70s themed party ideas include:
- Creating a station for guests to tie-dye their own shirts
- Party favors in the form of Afro wigs, rose shaded sunglasses, and small disco ball key chains
- Healthy foods such as granola
If you decorate this party with bright colored peace signs and happy icons, it is bound to be a success.
Brighten things up
Bright colors should be present at every summer party. This can range from the decorations, to the utensils. It doesn’t matter what the theme of your party is, color can make all the difference.
With an outdoor party, you can explore and incorporate colors from nature. If your yard has colorful flowers or trees surrounding it, consider using these to enhance your decor. Flowers at a summer party add to the charm, and beauty of it all.
No matter the party theme, choosing the right colors is essential. Select colors that compliment each other, and whatever theme you are trying to portray. Once you select your theme, color should be the first thing to decide on.
This summer there are endless party ideas you can choose from. Take advantage of the warm months to have your party outside. With a little effort you can create the best party of the year.
Author Bio Box:
Cassie Costner writes on how to create the best summer party on the block through decorations, themes, and music. She also writes on finding the best Utah chair rental companies, and the ways to anticipate how many guests will attend your gathering.